EchoMix® Powder EM-S: 1 gallon / 4 liter packet, 1 part
Easily mixed in cold water in five minutes.
Provides a strong, continuous coupling film reduces transducer wear, and adheres well to vertical and Corrosion inhibition: Contains mild short term Ferrous overhead surfaces without dripping.
Reduced surface tension provides good wetting characteristics.
Salt resistant formulation. No loss in viscosity on corroded surfaces, marine parts or on boilers with salt cake.
Contains no formaldehyde. No strong odor or eye irritant from off-gassing.
Low environmental impact. No phosphates.
Compact for shipping and storage.
Easy mixing, fast gel time in cold water (5 minutes to final product).
Packaging: 1 and 5 gallon easy to open and easy to use powder packets.
Corrosion inhibition: Contains mild short term Ferrous Corrosion Inhibitors.
Viscosity of 1 gallon mixture: 23,000 CPS, Brookfield #4 Spindle, 6 rpm
Total Halogens less than 25 ppm
Sulfur less than 25 ppm
Operating Temperature: 32° – 120°F (0° – 50°C)
Working with EchoMix
To lower the freezing point to -26 F (-32 C), raise the operating temperature to 250 F and extend drying time:
- Mix the large “A” packet into two quarts of water as directed.
- DISCARD the small packet “B” and replace with two quarts of propylene glycol formula anti freeze, following the same directions for “B” packet. (“B” packet is not used when adding antifreeze) The couplant will thicken within 60 seconds; therefore, add the anti-freeze smoothly and mix completely within the 60 second window.
- Appropriate propylene glycol anti-freezes include Sierra Antifreeze coolant, Amsoil Propylene Glycol Antifreeze, Prestone Low Tox and are designated as less toxic to animal and pets.
- Do not use ethylene glycol antifreeze or methyl alcohol. These chemicals are toxic to the environment, dangerous to animals and will not work with EchoMix.
- When using propylene glycol antifreeze, the viscosity of prepared EchoMix will be higher than when mixed with 100% water. Therefore, use ½ packet for medium viscosity and 2/3 packet for high viscosity gel.