The SKOOT – Base Crawler is a powerful automated scanner. The ability to carry multiple attachments and various accessories while traversing all types of magnetic surfaces make the SKOOT an extremely versatile scanning device. This remotely operated scanning platform can be outfitted with probe holder frames for weld inspection or a raster arm for automated two-axis corrosion scans.
Low Profile Design
The SKOOT requires a radial clearance of 11.4 cm (4.5 in), which allows for inspection in limited access applications.
Using rare-earth magnets, the SKOOT can operate on vertical, horizontal and inverted surfaces.
The SKOOT can facilitate circumferential scans on pipes as small as 6.4 cm (2.5 in) OD and 68.6 cm (27 in) ID. In addition, flat surface scans and longitudinal scanning on pipes as small as 76.2 cm (30 in) OD are available.
The optional backpack conveniently carries ultrasonic accessories with the unit.
Various probe holder frames and lengths of raster arms are available for use with the SKOOT.
Remote control of speed and functions available through colour handheld controller.
An encoder is integrated into the body of the SKOOT. The encoder output is fully compatible with all standard instruments.
3-year limited warranty on all products.
1 Base Crawler
Four highly magnetic wheels propel the SKOOT crawler along ferrous surfaces. Attach a multitude of weld and corrosion scanning accessories to the crawler which features cable management and integrated encoder.
A flexible strap securely holds any pre-amp, splitters or scan accessories to the SKOOT crawler.
3 Manipulation Handle
Slight steering adjustments and crawler manipulation is achieved using the manipulation handle.
4 Power Controller
Configurable for North American or European electrical standards, the power controller is a sophisticated operating platform and connection point for instrumentation and handheld controllers.
5 Handheld Controller
Precision forward and reverse drive control, programmable y-axis control and system diagnostics are all accessed using handheld controller’s touchscreen and joysticks.
The backbone of communication between the power controller and the base crawler.
Encoder Resolution: 1354 counts/mm (34394 counts/inch)
Maximum Vertical Payload: 9 kg (20 lb)1
Maximum Travel Speed: 0.5-14.2 cm/sec (0.2-5.6 in/sec)
Power Requirements: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz, 1.4 Amps
Umbilical Length: 7.5 m (25 ft)2
Inspection Surface: Ferrous
Maximum Backpack Payload: 1.36 kg (3 lb)
Circumferential, Outer Diameter (OD): 6.4 cm (2.5 in) to flat
Circumferential, Inner Diameter (ID): 68.6 cm (27 in) to flat
Longitudinal: 76.2 cm (30 in) to flat
Pipes under 200 mm (8 in): 10.4 cm (4 in)3
Pipes over 200 mm (8 in): 11.03 cm (4.34 in)3
CE: European Union CE Declaration – Compliance with essential requirements and provisions of European Union directives.4
FCC: Compliance with Part 15 of FCC rules.4
Industry Canada: CAN ICES-3 (A)/NMB-3(A) – This class A digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.4
SIZE & WEIGHT
Base Crawler Height: 11.2 cm (4.4 in)5
Base Crawler Height, including handle: 14.9 cm (5.9 in)
Base Crawler Height with manipulation handle: 16.10 cm (6.3 in)
Base Crawler Width: 20.8 cm (8.2 in)
Base Crawler Depth: 21.8 cm (8.6 in)
Base Crawler Depth with manipulation handle: 56 cm (22 in)
Base Crawler Weight: 7.3 kg (16 lb)
Operating Environment: -20°C (-4°F) to 50°C (122°F)
Environmental Sealing: Dust-tight, watertight (not submersible)
Maximum Inspection Surface Temperature: 150°C (302°F)6
NORTH AMERICA, EUROPE, UNITED KINGDOM
100-240VAC, 50/60Hz, 3.5 Amps
- Performance may vary with the surface type. Umbilical and attachments are considered payload.
- Custom umbilical lengths are available.
- With backpack and manipulation handle removed, using slip-joint probe holders only.
- For a complete description of regulatory certifications, please contact Jireh Industries
- Measurements do not include the backpack.
- The automated crawler medium temperature add-on kit is required when the inspection surface temperature measures between 50°C (122°F) and 150°C (302°F)
Technical specifications subject to change.
- SCANNER SKOOT base crawler PARTS & ACCESSORIES Power controller Power supply (North American, European or UK plugs available) Umbilical, 7.5 m (25 ft) or 30 m (100 ft) lengths available Handheld controller Auxiliary cable, 6 m (20 ft) Manipulation handle Cable management, threaded mount, (length dependent on umbilical length) J300 encoder cable, 5 m (15 ft) Installation/Removal mat 6 mm ID irrigation kit (7/16 in quick connect) Lifting sling (safety tether) User manual Rugged carrying cases (various types based on chosen accessories) TOOLS 3 mm hex driver 3 mm flat driver Wrench for pivot button adjustment