Parker DA-400 Contour Probe
The DA-400 Contour Probe is a portable, self-contained instrument designed to produce a magnetic field on or within ferrous-magnetic materials.
The selective AC and DC functions are built into a single reliable instrument. The AC mode produces an intense AC field for detection of surface defects and demagnetizing after inspection. The DC mode produces an intense Half Wave Rectified (DC) field for detection of some subsurface defects.
Controls and solid-state electronics are contained within the high impact molded housing. Articulating legs allow the AC or DC field to be applied to the precise area of inspection on nearly any part of the surface shape… in the lab, factory or field site.
All Parker Contour Probes comply with the requirements of applicable specifications.
- Versatility and powerful performance in a rugged, reliable instrument
- Constant AC or Half Wave Rectified (DC) fields with the flip of a switch; for the location of surface and some sub-surface defects
- Apply continuous magnetic fields and demagnetize too
- Use with dry powder, wet fluorescent or visible
- High impact-molded housing
- One-year repair/replacement guarantee
- 230VAC model available with CE certification at an additional cost
11 H × 10.75 L × 2.75 W
|Line Voltage Single Phase||115 VAC|
|Line Current||6 A|
2 minutes on – 2 minutes off
|Weight||12 lbs (5.44 kg)|
Glass-filled nylon housing
18 in. (457 mm) across poles