PH Tool ERVW® Pipe Cal Blocks (Circ Scan, SDHs)
Only by Request
Jointly designed by PH Tool and Holloway NDT, the fully ASME-compliant ERVW® Line of Calibration Blocks is an innovative development that has dramatically improved inspection efficiency. ERVW Blocks are carefully designed to make use of tolerance and allowances in ASME code to cover the maximum number of inspection sizes with just a few select blocks. Adding these blocks your kit will save a ton of weight and space vs. hauling dozens of individual cal blocks. The best part? – you’ll never find yourself without that “one missing size” that you need for your next inspection, saving you from scrambling to have a new block made.
ERVW Blocks sets are available for pipe inspection in the axial direction, with an option for either side drilled holes or notches as the reflector type, as well as a separate set for pipe inspection in the circumferential direction. Additionally, the new ERVD™ thickness calibration block is useful for thickness testing of multiple curved surfaces.
This set of two blocks has been specially designed for situations where ultrasonic examination takes place circumferentially or “around the curve” for applications such as inspection of longseam welds in piping and vessels. Jointly designed by PH Tool and Holloway NDT, the blocks feature side-drilled hole reflectors positioned within novel compound-curves, each with multiple thickness steps. The unique design results in a light and compact form factor, with the largest block weighing just over 15 lbs and spanning just 16 ¾”.
Coverage is provided for nominal pipe sizes from 6” to 10” in the small block and 12” to a whopping 56” in the large block. The compound OD curves and multiple wall thicknesses actually exceed ASME requirements, providing exceptional signal response and measurement accuracy. Properly managing beam divergence off the ID and stabilizing beam skew due to probe rocking is essential to maintaining a consistent calibration when inspecting lengthwise on curved surfaces.
The design maintains compliance with the requirements of ASME Sec V Article 4, Fig T-434.3-2 and the use of side-drilled holes as the reference reflector type provide optimal response and ease of use during calibration.
• Small Block (6-10”) is 8 inches long, and weighs 5 lbs.
• Large Block (12-36”) is 16.75 inches long, and weighs 15 lbs. (Technically covers all the way to 56″ OD for select sizes! Please inquire to learn more.)
• Surface Finish: Media-blasted to 125 Ra to simulate inspection conditions
• Materials: Most commonly requested in carbon or stainless steel, but other alloys available upon request. Carbon steel blocks are electroless nickel-plated for corrosion/wear protection.
• Machine-engraved transducer positioning marks to aid in functionality and maximize signal from SDHs
• Machine-engraved identification text (including unique serial no.)
• Inspection pipe sizes covered by each thickness step also machine-engraved on OD.