ExScan1000 Intended Use
The ExScan1000 is a portable ultrasonic thickness gauge that provides accurate thickness measuring of various materials, along with the scanning of a test piece to record its minimum thickness value.
The instrument is intended for use in a wide range of industries to evaluate the wall thickness of tanks, pipes, body parts, plates, beams or support structures, as well as to monitor the condition of corroded surfaces, even with single-sided access to the test piece.
The device has an ergonomic and user-friendly design. During on-site operation, the shape and material of its case allow holding the thickness gauge firmly with one hand only.
Due to IP65 water- and dust-proof rating, as well as display backlight, the instrument can be used in extremely harsh environment.
- Thickness measurements for various materials.
- Detection of corrosion pits.
- Recognition of material laminations.
- Search for thinned walls in a test piece.
- Large characters on the backlit display make reading easy even in poor light conditions.
- The ExScan1000 can run up to 200 hours with a single battery pack.
- Two-point calibration and automatic measurement of ultrasonic wave propagation ensure high-precision results.
- Display backlight can be automatically turned On/Off to prolong the battery life.
- The Sealed membrane keypad that is resistant to oil and petroleum products with six tactile-feedback keys makes the instrument operation more comfortable.
- The ExScan 1000 kit includes a rubber shoe to protect the probe and minimize a potential impact of hand warmth on measurements.
- The instrument is compatible with a wide range of UT probes / transducers to measure various levels of thickness and shapes of test pieces.
|Weight (including batteries):||300 g|
|Overall dimensions (W×H×D):||125 x 70 x 30 mm|
|Operating temperature:||-20 to +50 ºС|
|Run time (with display backlight switched off) alkaline battery-operated:||200 hours|
|on NiCad battery-operated:||120 hours|
|Probe type:||Dual element (T/R)|
|Frequency range:||1 – 10 MHz|
|Cable length:||2 m.|
|Three “ААА” batteries:||1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad|
|Display type:||FSTN/POSITIVE LCD|
|Display size:||30mm (H) х 25mm (W)|
|Functional backlight display to be used in poor light conditions|
|Measurement readings:||inch, in/µs, mm or m/s|
|Stable measurement indicator|
|Display mode:||material thickness|
|Measuring rate in “Measuring” mode:||4 readings per second|
|Measuring rate in “Scanning” mode:||16 readings per second, with minimum thickness record|
|Range:||0.63 – 500 mm (0.025 – 19.999 in)|
|Accuracy:||± (0.05 + 0.002×Hm) mm|
|Resolution:||0.01 mm (0.001 in)|
|Velocity range:||1250 – 14000 m/s or 0.0492 – 0.5511 in/µs|
|Calibration options:||single point, double point, velocity|
|Zero calibration:||manual (internal reference standard for thickness)|
|Ultrasonic thickness gauge ExScan1000||1|
|0.25″ 5 MHz ultrasonic piezoelectric transducer||1|
|Operating manual||1 copy|