The ZX-1 & 2 are basic fixed velocity gauges that require no special training to operate. Calibration is done by simply scrolling to a known material velocity, or selecting a common material from a list of material types in the ZX-2. The gauges were designed and built to withstand the roughest industry conditions, are affordable, and backed by a 5 year limited warranty. If you’re looking for a quality instrument to reliably meet or exceed your application expectations, look no further.
Multi-function 7 segment 4.5 digit liquid crystal display with 0.500 in digit height. Two 0.125 in14 segment fields for labels and values, and one 7 segment field for labels and values. Additional icons to indicate features and modes.
Backlight is selectable on/off/auto, and selectable brightness (Lo, Med, Hi) options.
Bar graph indicates stability of reading.
- Range: Measures from 0.025 to 36.00 inches (0.63 to 914.4 millimeters). Range dependent on material and transducer type.
- Units: English & Metric
- Resolution: 0.001 inches (0.01 millimeters)
- Velocity Range: 0.0120 to .7300 in/μs (305 to 18,542 m/sec)
- PRF: 200Hz
- Display Update Rate: 10Hz
- Velocity Settings: ZX-1 adjustable on keypad. ZX-2 adjustable on keypad and selectable from 8 factory presets and 2 programmable custom velocity options.
- Velocity Chart in. / mm
1. Steel 4340 .2330 / 5918
2. Stainless 303 .2230 / 5664
3. Aluminum 2024 .2510 / 6375
4. Cast Iron .1800 / 4572
5. Plexiglass .1060 / 2692
6. PVC .0940 / 2388
7. Polystyrene .0920 / 2337
8. Polyurethane .0700 / 1778